Arlington Heights - Director
Role: We are seeking a Director whose values, strengths, and experiences align with our mission. Our Director will lead a team of more than 40 employees and serve over 100 families at our vibrant early childhood center in Arlington Heights.
Responsibilities: The Director is responsible for operating our center in alignment with DCFS regulations, center policies and procedures, local and state licensing standards, and accreditation expectations. The role involves leadership over all aspects of running an early childhood center, including the following: high quality, developmentally appropriate programming; staff recruitment, training, development, and retention; and enrollment management.
Qualifications Relating to Experience:
- 3-5 years of management/leadership responsibilities in an early childhood setting, including experience in a combination of infant, toddler, preschool, and school-age settings.
- Experience creating curriculum aligned to the Illinois Early Learning Guidelines and Standards and implementing aligned assessment and screening tools.
- Experience aligning program to ExceleRate accreditation standards.
- Experience creating, moving, and/or expanding an early childhood program.
Qualifications Relating to Education & Credentials:
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of Early Childhood Education (Master’s preferred)
- Gateways to Opportunity Director’s Credential
- Effective leadership mindsets and skills, including experience creating systems that promote accountability and support as well as experience establishing a work culture that promotes continuous self-assessment and improvement
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of early childhood center operations
- Thorough knowledge of DCFS licensing regulations, developmentally appropriate practice, the Illinois Early Learning Guidelines and Standards, and ExceleRate accreditation standards.
- Proficiency in collecting, interpreting, and using data to inform decision making.
- Proficiency with computer programs and troubleshooting, especially Google tools.
- Interpersonal and other skills necessary to effectively build authentic relationships with children, families, staff, and the local community.
- Strong organization, attention to detail, and proficiency with prioritizing to be applied to responsibilities such as scheduling, financial planning, and building maintenance.
Interested individuals should email a cover letter, resume, and references to the Executive Director: firstname.lastname@example.org.